Well here is my finished project.
Sorry for the quality of the photos. I still have to work on taking better pictures.
My project consisted of the following items:
The prone figure from the Zvezda Soviet Sniper Team WWII kit # 3597.
Make It Fun Styrofoam brand foam for the walls and bigger pieces of rubble.
Kitty litter for the smaller rubble.
Micro-Mark #717 scrap pieces of tubing for the pieces of pipe.
Fibre Craft 26 gauge bright wire floral wire for the rebar.
Pro Art artist pastels.
Tamiya and Model Master paints.
Testors Dull Cote.
Rust-Oleum Multicolor Textured spray paint #223525 Aged Iron. (This was for the base)
A peanut butter jar lid and dry wall mud for the base.
The figure was built straight out of the box with no modifications other that I made a sling for the rifle out of computer printer paper. The poster is one that I found on the internet and scaled down. When I made the walls I just broke the basic shape out of the styrofoam and then covered the pieces with dry wall mud. I made the basic ground work with drywall mud and then stuck the wall pieces and the rest of the ground cover in the mud while it was still wet. I added the rebar after everything had dried. I finished up the figure and glued him in place. I then sprayed everything with Dull Cote to take away the shine and then dusted everything down good with the pastels. I guess that is about it.
As I have mentioned before, figure modeling and diorama building are still fairly new to me so this was yet another stepping stone for me. I enjoyed this project and I am looking forward to my next figure campaign.
Thanks for the campaign idea Simon. I had fun with it.
Thanks everyone for their suggestions and help.