A pre-1900 54mm or larger figure is the focus of this campaign. Most of us are big WWII fans but isn't it nice to do something different?
The Rules and Regs
1) There will be two categories : 54mm and Large Scale (Anything over 54mm)
2) Only figures allowed are figures Pre 1900, ie. Indians, Knights, Civil War, Napoleonic, Roman etc etc, as long as they are pre 1900 they qualify.
3) The presentation of the figure will be a single figure mounted on a base with ground work
Note: All base measurements are the TOP Surface where the figure is attatched. If a figure 'over steps' the 2" diameter with his arms, a lance, sword or whatever, this is acceptable.
3a) For 54mm base dimensions are maximum 2" x 2" and unlimited height
3b) For the 120 mm Large Scale figures dimensions are maximum 4" x 4" and unlimited height. For Figures Larger then 120mm, a base of size that fits the model the best should be used. It is hard to determine a base size for such a large figure, as a lot depends on the pose etc.
4) You can enter up to three figures in each category
5) This will be a shorter Campaign, starting today Monday the 13th of January 2003 and will run for 6 weeks. Deadline is Monday the 24th of Feburary 2003.
6) Up to 5 pictures should be submitted to me on or before Febuary 24th
7) I will supply 1 prize for each category, if anyone is willing to supply more figure kits for awards please contact me at [email protected] and more awards will be given. Maybe I can talk to Jim and get 'online' prizes such as a little Gold - Silver - Bronze medal here at Armorama instead of a 'real' price. It is up to you guys.
8) Above all, this is intended to be a fun, and rewarding experience, much like the diorama campaign was. Its all about learning new techniques and doing new subjects that you would not normally do.
I have the pleasure to announce that Vince and his Alpha Image Model Workshop are sponsoring this event with two figure prices. Now we have 1st and 2nd prizes in both categories, and of course, for the 54mm category, 54mm figures will be awarded and same goes for the larger scales where the prizes are 120mm figures.
The exact kits will be announced soon.