The figure comes in standard Pegaso Models blue cardboard box.A color photo of the full figure on the front cover can be used as the painting guide. All parts arrive sandwiched between two slabs of thick gray polyfoam. Small parts are secured in a plastic bag.
Painting guide in 2 languages (Italian and English) is also supplied in the kit.
The figure is sculpted by Victor Konnov and made up of 11 white metal parts. Casting of all parts is very well detailed, clean and crisp. No serious cleaning, sanding or filling is required. A fast cleanwork with a knife to remove a few slightly visible seam lines and brushing the figure with an old toothbrush to make it shine can be a good process before priming. Remember that paint adhere much better on metal figures after priming.
The head with heaume (enclosed helmet),torso and legs are cast as one piece. Details of the helmet, mail coif, belt and mail hauberk and folds on the surcoat are well defined. He wears knee guards and lower leg plates over his mail chausses.
Skirts of the surcoat are provided as two seperate parts. Both parts fit well to the figure and cloth folds on skirts are well defined. There is a small receiving hole on the left side to attach the swordcase.
Other parts are;
- Right arm holding longsword.Elbow guard,upper and lower arm plates are casted on the arm.
- Left arm posed to carry shield. Elbow guard, suspender strap,upper and lower arm plates are casted on the arm.There are 2 small pins on the arm to fit it to the shield.
- 2 roundels-armpit guards.There are 2 small holes on arms to place them
- Kite shield. It has 3 holes on interior side to attach left arm and suspender strap in correct position.
- shoulder suspender strap of kite shield;it is easy to bend it in shape and a small pin on it that fits to the hole on the shield makes shaping easier.
- figure base
High quality casting, ease on clean, smooth fit, nice details, strong posing and pleasure of painting a colorful medieval figure. I think this can be the masterpiece of your display case with a careful paintwork.