Loading the Gun
Loading the GunBy Simon Hammerton
Note: This article was provided and published with permission of Deluxe Materials
Liquid Gravity is useful for weighting models which have a potential balance problem. Here we are using the Bronco 17 pdr Anti Tank Gun. This model is in itself well-balanced, however, adding an after-market metal gun barrel will compromise that balance. So for this exercise we will apply Liquid Gravity to the gunís trail legs to restore the balance.
1. Broncoís superb 17 pdr. Possibly one of the finest examples of artillery models currently available.
2. Liquid Gravity consists of small, uniform pellets of non-toxic metal. Roket Hot is the thinnest of the Roket CA range of glues, this allows it to flow between the pellets of Liquid Gravity.
3. Each trail leg comes in three parts, a centre section and two outer panels. The gaps between allow us to load Liquid Gravity to help balance the gun.
4. Liquid Gravity is formulated to flow into small spaces. Apply gradually establishing a thin layer of Liquid Gravity. Take care to avoid over filling. Any excess Liquid Gravity can be returned to the bottle.
5. Apply Roket Hot to the Liquid Gravity area. In very tight areas Roket Hot can, of course, be applied using Micro Tips and Micro Tube.
6. Roket Hot sets quickly allowing us to continue the build. Any excess Roket Hot / Liquid Gravity may be removed using Glue Buster.
7. Here we have our completed 17 pdr prior to painting. Although not obvious in the photo the gun now has a strong rearward weight bias.
8. Here is the finished 17 pdr, painted with Lifecolor acrylics and Vallejo Panzer Aces acrylics.
9. A view from behind the 17 pdr. Bronco Models have packed a massive amount of detail into this model. Good quality tweezers are a must!
Copyright ©2021 by Kevin Brant. _OPINIONS Historicus Forma, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of Historicus Forma or Silver Star Enterprises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2013-11-25 19:24:23. Unique Reads: 25592